|This page documents an official project page on the World War II Wiki.|
It contains information that is part of the World War II Wiki's main organization and is considered an official part of the wiki that everyone should respect. Except for minor edits, please make use of the discussion page to propose changes to this policy.
Welcome to the Veteran's Remembrance section of the wiki where users can write the names of veterans they know or would like to honor.
Please write your veteran's name on a bullet point and mention their role, rank if possible, and the country they fought for. Units, where they served, and any medals they were awarded is optional.
- Sergeant Joseph Frank Stula - US Army Medic - Served in the Pacific - Purple Heart
- Major Theodore Van Kirk - US Army Air Force - Served as Navigator on the Enola Gay - Silver Star
- Private Mansur Abdulin - Red Army - Served on the Eastern Front - Order of the Red Star
- Luigi Gorrini - Regia Aeronautica Pilot - Served in North Africa
- Sergeant Cecil Manning - Long Range Desert Group - Served in North Africa - Operated with European partisans after being captured and escaping in Italy
- Captain Roger Pettiward - British Army - Commandos - Served in France in 1943 - KIA at Dieppe - Nominated for, but did not receive Victoria Cross.
- Jack Stanger - Merchant Navy - Served in Atlantic and Indian Oceans - 1939-45 War Medal, Atlantic Star, Indian Ocean Star- Promoted to Captain after the war.
- Bob Winstanley - British Army - Royal engineers(?) - Demolitions expert - fought at D-day
A war grave is a burial place for members of the armed forces or civilians who died during military campaigns or operations. Hier some places all over the world: